i just finished my last essay of my undergraduate degree.
whey!
it was an exegesis on Job 42:1-6.
i have never before studied a biblical text so deeply and was blessed to discover so many beautiful layers to this text.
"Then Job answered the Lord and said:
I know that you can do all things,
and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted.
Who is this that hides counsel without
knowledge?
Therefore I have uttered what I did not
understand,
things too wonderful for me, which I
did not know.
Hear, and I will speak;
I will question you, and you make it
known to me.
I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear,
but now my eye sees you;
therefore I despise myself,
and repent in dust and ashes."
I will not bore you with the details of my exegesis.
but i will say that i thought it so stinking cool that the last undergraduate essay that i will ever write was a reminder that only God is wise. man knows nothing. man cannot understand His ways. only God understands.
what an awesome lesson to round off my time at university.
it is almost as if God is telling me that i've learned so much here. but i still know nothing at all.
hah.
:)
roll on exams.
May 06, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment